
So Hurricane Gustav has hit. We were located on the eastern side of the storm, but 200 miles away from the point of impact. Sometime really early this morning I awoke to a Tornado Warning. The winds were blowing pretty hard and the rain was coming down. All morning we had wind and rain. It is still pretty windy out. But I think the worst has past us. We were lucky with this storm. I can see how a Hurricane can cause so much damage. We just got back from the beach where I was blown away. The waves were up almost to the sand dunes, and you could see that water had come up into the sand dunes at some point. I got some pictures and video. They don't really tell the real story of how high up the water had come. For those of you that have visited us, you will have a better understanding when you see the water coming in way past the lifeguard stand. For now I still love Florida!
1 comment:
You're a crazy women. Caleb was afraid to go out the front door with how windy it was. I bet he would have been freaked out at the beach. That is so crazy to see the water up that high! Thanks for the pix!
Post a Comment