Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sarah Palin

Today Carissa and I had the opportunity to go see Sarah Palin. I was not planning on going but somethings happened and it all worked out for me to go. Carissa and I went with two of my good friends, Maria and Jo. In Florida today it has been raining non-stop since midnight last night. Well as we pulled up to the venue where it was being held the line wrapped thru the parking lot and out onto the street.(mind you it is pouring rain). So we all grab our umbrellas and head to the line. As we are standing in the rain and wind, and really getting soaking wet, I kept thinking to myself, there is a great mall down the street, I could be warm and shopping and happy! But we pressed on in the wind and the rain, after and hour we finally made our way inside. As I was sitting there next to my daughter and the song Proud to be an American came on and the entire crowd sang:

And I’m proud to be an American where as least I know I’m free.
And I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
And I’d gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land God bless the U.S.A.

tears welled up in my eyes as I thought about how lucky I am to live in this country and have the opportunities that I do. It was just a really wonderful moment I could share with my daughter. Sarah Palin came out and the crowd was energized and excited. It was exciting to take part in history today. Now I can only hope that I will be able to say "I saw her before she was the Vice President of the United States." I have attached some pictures from today. Excuse the way the 4 of us look we just got out of the rain and we were all soaking wet!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You're all babes, even soaking wet! Glad you had fun. We missed you at brunch this morning!